How do you say “Thank you”
This is my question of the past few weeks.
With Isaac’s time in his current classroom coming to a close after 2 years, how do you really thank the staff in there? I know they ask for classroom gifts, but putting up with the Monkey’s trailer trash for 2 very long years seems to require something a bit more special for each teacher/therapist.
So, I’m totally at a loss. Here’s the rundown of who I need to get things for:
1. Head Teacher T. She’s amazing, and she’s a first year teacher going back to Grad School to get her Master’s. She’s amazing. Just absolutely amazing…and she’s kicked Isaac’s tush from here to Kansas…and he loves her.
2. Speech Therapist C. She’s been with him for 2 years…and he loves her…and she’s really taken him from nothing to verbal spewage. Isaac adores her. We hear her name non stop.
3. Occupational Therapist P. Another 2 year survivor with Isaac. They’ve got sort of a rocky relationship, because she’s as tough as nails, but really knows what she’s doing. She makes him WORK. She’s made amazing progress with the little weirdo and has really backed us up on some things…and was severely left out to dry by the other 2 at one point, and I still feel terrible about that. But, she’s amazing.
4. Aide S. She’s another one we hear non stop about. She’s really good and is a coffee junkie. She’s new to the room this year, but has really made an impact on the little Monkey.
5. Aide D. Came in at the mid way point of the year, but really is a doll. We love her to death, even though she can be a bit scatter headed. She really knows how to make Isaac stop his garbage…and do what she wants him to do.
6. Aide MJ-She left for back surgery mid way through the year…and Isaac STILL talks about her. She was with him from the moment he entered the school…and he still wants to see her and show things to her. The kick is he talks and talks and talks about her at home, but blows her off at school!! What a kid! She won’t be back until September, possibly. It depends if her doctor will clear her-it was back surgery. We miss her dearly…she is just…well…MJ. They can get things to her for us.
We’re not doing anything for the Physical Therapist yet, because she’s got one more year with Isaac, as she’s the only one in the school.
so, that’s 6 people who we really need to say thank you to.
I’ve gotten the idea for gift cards…but where to? What for? What else?
How do you adequately say thank you to someone who has changed your child forever, for the better?