Archive for February, 2008
1. I’m looking forward to Visiting Pine Bush ECEC next week.
2. I don’t handle being the only one who takes care of all of the “messes” around here very well.
3. Chinese food is something I could eat every day.
4. Warmth and sunlight where are you?? This winter is going on toooo dang long.
5. Mom’s House.. here I come!
6. I‘d love to get a tattoo(s).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging in and ignoring the snow, tomorrow my plans include Going to a River Rats Hockey game for the first time in 8 years and Sunday, I want to not bitch slap the annoying parts of my family at Gram’s birthday party!
So, I called Benson’s the other night to ask if a food was safe for Leapster and iPod to eat. Wasn’t sure…rather ask than have 2 dead frogs because I didn’t…
While I was on the phone with the guy (who told me the proposed food was JUST fine.), I asked if I was feeding the frogs frequently enough…I feed them 2x/week. They act like they’ve never seen food before. So, the guy asks me the following question:
“Are they plump and happy?”
Plump, that’s easy…they’re chunkers. But happy?
How does one exactly discern the happiness of a fully aquatic creature with no capability for speech? So, as I’m on the phone, I’m on the IM with TheAngelForever and we’re both discussing this conversation…and she says to me “It’s not like you’re a frog psychologist here!”
That would be one interesting job…psychologists for amphibians. We’ve got the Horse Whisperer, the Dog whisperer, the Pet Psychic and why not the Amphibian Psychologist? That would make one heck of a show on Animal Planet!
This morning, I went into Isaac’s room to do some purging of clothes and toys. I tend to do this 2x/ year…once before Christmas and once before his birthday. This year, it’s ultimately important, because Vapid and Colostomy are supposedly getting him a twin bed. I’ll believe that when it shows up, because they promised it once before and NEVER delivered. I’m not worried if it doesn’t happen, because he can still fit into his bed now for another year or so…
BUT…we don’t know how he does it.
When Doug went in to grab his blankets and sheets to wash them (we have to do it when he’s not home or he flips gaskets. It’s not pretty. I swear…he’s so Linus.), he yelled for me as I was in the kitchen grabbing a garbage bag for broken toys…I heard
“You so have to see this! I’m not taking the bed apart any further until you see this!!!”
I walk in and die laughing. In Isaac’s bed are the following:
1) Red the Fire truck from Cars
2) Snot Rod rip stick racer from Cars (known as “Ah-choo” in this house-that’s all Isaac’s doing)
3)2 imaginext moving roaring dinos
4)a steering set from his jeep stroller.
5)Rip stick racer Mater
7)Patrick (Let it be known that Isaac has the smallest of Patricks…and he stole that from me…I got it in undergrad when I took a train trip to Philadelphia. Patrick IS super squishy..and Isaac MUST have Patrick in bed with him every night.)
I have no clue how this kid even fits into this bed…just no clue.
Yesterday, Mom (who has had a pass tooooo long here), Monkey and I went to Sesame Street Live. It was quite the experience.
Isaac decided he watned to bring Elmo with him. I was a smidge wary of that, because this is the Elmo from Build A Bear, and the find-a-bear tag may not work, beause I don’t think I ever inputted it into the computer, because I made it right before closing one night. I had done all of my side of the job chart…and they knew I wanted to get one done, but didn’t have the time..so, I did it right before we flipped the computers off. So, long story short, this is not replaceable.
So, we get into the lobby and start the wait to get to our seats.
Isaac got his “stuff…”
Then, we took our seats…
She didn’t like that one. I had to take another one.
Then the show started.
(the code and this stuff is being a pill…so click on view images so you can see the slide show…)
Overall, a fun day had by all…
Ok, I’m a day late…We had big doings yesterday around here! I’ll blog all about that later…
First off, Thank you all so much for the neat names for the frogs! We all (including Doug!) spent a lot of time going through them and laughing and trying them on for size. It really is hard to name frogs!
So, there was one set that we just kept coming back to over, and over and over again…and those were…
Leapster and iPod
JoyB (who is blogless!) submitted those names and she’ll be the recipient of the small prize..which I finally decided on last night. Nothing like waiting until the total last minute, huh? I’ll be posting pics of the prize as soon as they are finished..and off the sewing machine!
Thanks so much to all who entered! It was amazing to see what everyone came up with!
2. I love a good Hot chocolate when I’m cold.
3. I often use lotion, because my skin gets super dry in the winter.
4. I’m reading Everything’s eventual by Stephen King right now; I quite like it.
5Hospital stays and my response is something I dislike talking about.
6. When I visited Philadelphia I most looked forward to seeing Maeve and crew.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Sitting in and watching movies, because it’s freakin SNOWING, tomorrow my plans include Sesame Street Live with Mom and Monkey and Sunday, I want to Try to get to the knit out at Barnes and Noble!